player_pianoblog

"You are the ONLY person to visit this page. No one else will ever come here"

samedi, octobre 08, 2005

audiocassette auguries

i remember buying


at


the place had just opened it was probably 1989 and my parents had had the weird idea of us taking tennis lessons together on sunday mornings there because they really had this fantasy with being posh and have us wear these austrian jackets they'd bought us in salzburg the previous summer because my father has this thing with salzburg but it was hopeless, we had dirty hands all the time and we were LOUD children and my brother was taking pisses at everyone all the time and we had dark hair and i often had lice and all i really was interested in was the tiny shop that sold audiocassettes like in every single place where we would go.

i also remember my mother buying me
in firenze and i almost cried when she yelled at me so i didn't enter the record shop and i couldn't understand why

and a year and a half later

in Aix-en-provence

for absolutely no other reason that they'd just come out

when i talked to her on the phone earlier today i forgot to tell her i have this thing with him again these days that it's weird listening to these records again with my ears of now plus i had to buy them all again and it's a mingling of recognition because i do still know all the lyrics by heart and of a total awe of discovery because i now totally hear he's using a sampler and a 707 beatbox and i understand "the cross" is a total velvet underground rip-off and i totally hear how it's brilliant and why people use the big g*n*us word and i can understand the lyrics of "if i was your girlfriend" and i can laugh with him and get embarassed

i think i bought all his other albums myself they were cds and i bought them on my own in La Baule when we went there with Mimi and Anna and Nicolas but it was july my parents weren't there

1 commentaires:

À 12:29 AM , Anonymous Anonyme a dit...

yeay yeay* i do love prince.
my brother gave me many cds of prince
when i'm 11 years old.
and now i think,
i need to make cool t-shirts of prince.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

Abonnement Publier les commentaires [Atom]

<< Accueil